Thursday 9 September 2010

Act Da Fool

A short film by Harmony Korine for Proenza Schouler's Fall/Winter 2010 campaign.



Spot-on, captures an innocence, completely and utterly real, gritty yet soft, puts Proenza Schouler's clothes out of context but at the same time straight back into context as this is the core of what inspires them . . . girls with attitude in Nashville, totally random who despite it all, are beautiful girls who move the clothes, not the other way around (the clothes are gorgeous too). It is so alive, it has hope.

I am excited to see what other film x fashion collaborations will come after . . . it's a whole new ball game and it's just about time. I know who I would commission to make my short film if I still had a label. ;)

And I agree with her, "The stars ain't never gonna leave us" . .

No comments:

Post a Comment