Saturday 31 October 2009

NEW YORK - Empire State of Mind

Not since Sinatra's New York, New York has there really been truly an anthem for a city as Jay-z's and Alicia Key's Empire State of Mind . . .truly and anthem and an homage.  I do not live in NY nor am I from there but listenign to the song does give me goosebumps and makes me miss those frequent hops across the pond over the Big Apple when I was in London or Paris.  If it makes me feel like this and makes me yearn to go back - then I wonder what it does for New Yorkers.  Yes, "Let's hear it for NY" . . .what a chic video that highlights the spots and goes so perfectly with Jay Z's rhymes and and the drama and power of Alicia Key's voice.  

Jay-Z - "Empire State Of Mind" ft. Alicia Keys

Jay-Z | MySpace Video



Let's hear it for New York . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment